Chicago Academic Medicine Program (CAMP II) is a six-week commuter program for undergraduate students who have completed the freshman or sophomore year in college, or who are graduating from high school in the spring of 2016 and have been accepted into college in the fall of 2016. The program seeks students who come from disadvantaged backgrounds and/or who represent groups that are known to be underrepresented in health related sciences and medicine. CAMP II helps students build the knowledge base and academic skills necessary for success in a premedical program.
Taught in a mini-medical school format, the CAMP II program features:
- Group learning and team building projects
- Interactive lectures with University of Chicago faculty
- Clinical shadowing opportunities with physician mentors
- Engagement in service with local community organizations
- Pre-medical advising and mentoring
- Electronic Application Deadline: Friday, February 26, 2016
- Transcript Deadline: Monday, February 29, 2016
- Program Dates: Monday, June 27, 2016-Friday, August 5, 2016
- Contact: The Pritzker School of Medicine Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Phone number: 773-702-8946
- Email address: Nikki Oliver
- Location: Chicago, IL (Hyde Park campus)
- When to attend: Following freshman or sophomore year of college, or the summer following your high school graduation.
- Prerequisites: Prior participation in a pre-medical training or science research program is a pre-requisite for this program.
- Academic credit: Not provided.
- Daily transportation: Participants are expected to provide own transportation to campus Monday-Friday for duration of the program.
- Health Insurance: Not provided. Students must submit proof of health insurance for participation.
We are now accepting applications for our summer 2016 programs. To apply click here.
A completed application includes the following:
- Submitted and completed online application.
- Letters of evaluation are required to be sent directly from the writers on organization letterhead. You are required to submit two letters of evaluation from individuals familiar with your interest in medicine or clinical research.
- Official transcripts from your undergraduate or high school institutions. Preference for undergraduate transcripts if available. Official transcripts must be sent directly by your college, university or high school and must be received no later than Monday, February 29, 2016.
- You may mail official transcripts to the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine-Office of Multicultural Affairs, 924 East 57th Street, Suite 104, Chicago, IL 60637. You can also have electronic versions of your official transcripts sent to us at email@example.com.
- Participants in CAMP II will need to reside locally in Chicago during the program. Housing is not provided. As a result, you must disclose your local address and contacts within your completed application.