The Pritzker Fellowship Program
It is the goal of the Pritzker Fellowship Program to support the development of future leaders in medicine across the spectrum of research, scholarship, and service.The Pritzker School of Medicine will provide financial support to select students ("Pritzker Fellows") who choose to pursue a one-year research project, international experience, or a community service opportunity.
Requirements of the Fellowship include:
- Provision of an progress report at six months.
- Final report submitted within one month of completing the fellowship year.
- Presentation of work at one or more forum (Senior Scientific Session, regional or national conference) following completion of the fellowship year.
- Please note: In order to accommodate the needs of all students who wish to take a year off for scholarly opportunities, students who apply for the Pritzker Fellowship and receive support from an external funding source must notify the Pritzker Fellowship Review Committee ASAP (via firstname.lastname@example.org). If the external funding level is similar to the amount offered through the Pritzker Fellowship Program, the Pritzker Fellowship funds will be redistributed accordingly.
Things to know before you apply:
Students selected as Pritzker Fellows will receive $20,000 beginning in July 2014 and continuing throughout the 2014-2015 academic year. Eligible students must have completed at least two years of study at the Pritzker School of Medicine (please note: PhD students are not eligible for the Pritzker Fellowship Program). All applicants must have a faculty sponsor who will provide mentorship and support during this year and ensure the completion of the proposed project. Pritzker Fellows will ultimately present their work in at least one forum, such as the Senior Scientific Session or a regional or national conference.
- Application (word doc)
- Project Statement
- Personal Statement
- Mentor Statement
- CVs of the Faculty Sponsor and the student