The Academy of Distinguished Medical Educators was founded in 2006 by Deans James Madara and Holly J. Humphrey to support and promote research, innovation, and scholarship in medical education at the University of Chicago. The Academy is led by Halina Brukner, MD, Professor of Medicine and Associate Dean of Medical School Education.
In addition to hosting Medical Education Day, the Academy sponsors faculty development workshops throughout the year and funds scholarship in medical education.
The core missions of the Academy are:
- Promote excellence in teaching at the Pritzker School of Medicine.
- Support scholarship among Medical educators.
- Enhance the Pritzker curriculum by supporting, recognizing and rewarding its outstanding teachers.
- Build community among Medical educators in the Pritzker School of Medicine.
- Facilitate the creation of an environment that enhances the status of medical educators at the University of Chicago.