In order to graduate from the Pritzker School of Medicine, students must complete the following general requirements. Please follow the links to the right for a recommended timeline on completing exams and a detailed break-down of the courses and credits students must complete during their fourth year.
Students are strongly encouraged to fill out the AAMC Graduation Questionnaire. This confidential survey helps the Pritzker School of Medicine evaluate its current program and curriculum while providing national data for the profession as a whole.
General Graduation Requirements
Completion of full four-year program of study
- Must achieve acceptable standard of performance in all course work
- Must complete 14 quarters of full time enrollment and full tuition payment
- Must discharge all financial obligations to the University of Chicago, including return of pager, by June 1.
- Complete USMLE Step 1, Step 2 (CK), Step 2 (CS) exams no later than December 1 of fourth year.
- Review transcript for accuracy and verify that all academic requirements will be met.
Specific Graduation Requirements
Complete coursework in fourth year totaling 1,200 units
CORE REQUIREMENTS - University of Chicago Courses
Total of Core Requirements: 525 units
- Sub-Internship: 150 units
- Emergency Medicine Clerkship: 125 units
- Basic Science Courses: 150 units
- Scholarship & DIscovery: 100 units
- Total of Remaining Electives: 675 units
- Total of Core Requirements: 525 units