As stated in the PSOM International Travel Policy all medical students who travel internationally in association with the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine must complete thesteps outlined belowand return the completed PSOM Travel checklist form (PDF) to Kate Blythe, Director of Student Programs six week prior to planned departure.
In Advance of Your Trip
1) Review and complete the PSOM Travel checklist form (PDF) to Kate Blythe, Director of Student Programs six weeks prior to planned departure. Students or their affiliated organizations that do not complete the the PSOM Travel checklist will not be eligible for Pritzker funding or course credit. The checklist requires students to do the following:
- Review U.S. State Department’s Country Specific Information
- Receive recommended and required vaccines
- Obtain travel health insurance
- Obtain emergency evacuation insurance
- Provide a copy of detailed travel itinerary to PSOM
- Receive career advisor approval to travel
- Provide international contact information to PSOM
- Sign Acceptance of Risk Waiver
- Sign Scope of Practice Acknowledgement
Note: Students receiving a Global Health Scholarship may be asked to include a letter from their proposed international site.
Upon Your Return
2) Present a poster at the Center for Global Health Day.
Note: Students receiving a Global Health Scholarship may be asked to send a thank you note to donors.