Returning students must reapply for financial aid each year. Applications are available at the end of January. Award letters are generally emailed to continuing students in May through July.
- How to Read Your Award Letter
- How to Navigate AIS for Students
- How to Navigate ECSI
- How to Update Your Personal Information (My Profile)
- Graduate PLUS Loan Information
- How to Setup Direct Deposit
- How to Access and Read Your EBill
Applying for Financial Aid
- Complete a FAFSA or Renewal FAFSA. You may file your FAFSA as early as October 1, 2016. You will use your "2015" tax return data to complete the early FAFSA process. File early enough to allow for a 2-3 week processing time. The Pritzker School of Medicine FAFSA code has changed from G10141 to 001774. As a strong recommendation, please use the suggested IRS Data Retrieval mentioned in the FAFSA instructions . The IRS Data Retrieval tool allows the import of tax information directly from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) into the FAFSA
- Complete the Pritzker Financial Aid Application that will be emailed. You may interrupt and return to your work as often as you like since the application will automatically save your work. To return to the application,click on the link which was emailed to you—the link is a unique identifier associated with your application. If you cannot find that email, please contact Mary Popoca. Remember to press the submit button on the last page of the application. This will send the application to the financial aid office.
Applicants interested in receiving Federal Title IV Funds must also complete or turn in the following forms to the financial aid office
- If requested, you may need to submit Student's Federal Tax Transcript or Return and W-2 statements. Using the IRS Data Retrieval process will lessen the possibility of the Financial Aid Office needing your tax documents. Please do not submit them unless we ask. If you indicated on your FAFSA that you are not filing for the 2015 tax year, then we will waive your return.
- Master Promissory Note. All federal loans will be disbursed by the Department of Education. All students seeking Stafford or Grad Plus loans must fill out a Master Promissory Note with the Department of Education. Select University of Chicago as your school.
- Alien Registration Card. Permanent residents of the United States must submit a copy of both sides of their alien registration card ("green card"). This needs to be done only once during the student's enrollment.
International students wishing to be considered for Pritzker School of Medicine loans may submit a paper FAFSA to the Financial Aid Office including parental data. The student and his or her parents should submit a copy of the most recent tax returns with a translation and an indication of the exchange rate. If there are no tax returns, the student should submit documentation of personal and family income.
Returning students should confirm their financial aid award through the My UChicago, select the "My Financial Aid" link from the menu on the right. Click on the tab which says "Accept Your Award". After January 2017 this tab will contain your 2017-2018 financial aid package. Review each fund you have been awarded and mark as accept or decline. If you wish to decrease a particular loan fund you may do so before you accept. Be certain to click submit once you have finished.
- Loan Types
- Sign Your Promissory Note - Be certain to select "University of Chicago"
- Getting your refund via Direct Deposit
- Loan Revision Form
- Federal return of Title IV Funds Policy
Pritzker Loan Master Promissory Note Process
If you were offered a Pritzker Loans please note that you are no longer require to sign your promissory note at the Student Loan Administration Office. All requirements related to your Pritzker Loan can be completed at the following website https://www.ecsi.net/promw87/. Upon accessing the website please be ready to enter "W87" for the school client code. All borrowers will receive an instructional email from ECSI that will include a PIN. Upon accessing ECSI you will need this PIN to authenticate your identity to complete your institutional loan requirements. Click here for an instructional guide.
The Office of Financial Aid must be notified in writing if:
- any outside scholarships, assistantships, fellowships, or loans are awarded;
- any significant change in financial circumstances occurs after submission of the financial aid application; or
- the student's status is anything other than full-time and in good standing at Pritzker School of Medicine.
A student who wishes to appeal a financial aid decision should submit a letter to the Office of Financial Aid detailing the reasons for the appeal along with supporting documentation. All appeals are considered by Committee for Financial Aid appointed annually by the Dean for Medical Education.