- Visiting students may not receive both compensation and elective credit for the same clinical elective experience
- The visiting student's stay at the University will in no way constitute matriculation at the University of Chicago
- The visiting student must arrange to receive academic credit from the parent institution for work completed at the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine
- Visiting students must have Malpractice Insurance of $1,000,000 insurance and $3,000,000 aggregate.
- There are NO EXCEPTIONS to this requirement.
Visiting students may stay eight weeks without charge. If additional elective experience(s) are desired beyond the two months, the visiting student must apply for extended privileges and will incur a fee of $5,264 (subject to change) per additional four week period. Visiting students may stay a maximum of sixteen weeks.
English Language Proficiency
Visiting students must be proficient in English and able to conduct oral examinations. Students accepted for clerkships who are not proficient in English will be asked to leave the clerkship at the end of the first week and return to their home school. A confirmation of this dismissal will be sent to the home institution.
Once accepted for an elective, the visiting student is expected to honor that commitment. Notification of withdrawal must be made in writing by letter or email to the Visiting Student Coordinator no later than four weeks prior to the start of the clerkship.