Funding for Longitudinal Program Travel
For those of you who have preceptors/assignments off campus, there is funding set aside for travel reimbursement.
(You are eligible to request funding at the end of each quarter.)
If you drive your own car to an off-campus location for your LP assignment, you are eligible for “Private Car Mileage” reimbursement. Additionally, we will reimburse for tolls and CTA/Metra if you take public transportation.
(As a note, we do not reimburse for parking, cabs or ubers.)
We have developed the process below so that we can confirm the dates and provide appropriate “back-up” documentation for the University’s Procurement and Payment office. Reimbursement requests must be submitted within 30 days of the end of the quarter.
- Email to Clerkship Travel Address: email@example.com
- Subject Line: "LP Travel Request"
- Your Name
- Student ID #
- Zip Code
- Location(s) of Assignment (ex: Streeterville Pediatrics, 233 E. Erie St., Chicago, IL 60611)
- List the dates that you drove with corresponding miles
(ex: "March 10, 2016: 12 miles roundtrip;" if you traveled to multiple destinations, please indiate those destinations with your mileage)
- If you traveled to multiple locations, please indicate mileage for each location.
Your mileage will be calculated from either your home or 924 E. 57th St., whichever is closer to the destination.
(Remember that when figuring your mileage.)
- Include Google Maps link showing general destinations and mileage
from BSLC (924 East 57th Street, Chicago, IL 60637)
to NorthShore (2650 Ridge Ave., Evanston, IL 60201
& back to Home: (maps.google.com/maps...)
Please confirm that your most current address is reflective in Workday, as checks are not mailed out. You also have the option to sign up for direct deposit in Workday to receive your reimbursements as well.