June 15, 2017
Greetings from Pritzker!
Since you all last heard from us in the first mailing, we have officially wrapped up our first year of classes, gotten rolling with research and other summer activities and started to enjoy the perfection that is Chicago summer. We hope that life has been similarly kind to each of you lately and that you all are starting to get excited about joining us here shortly.
There is a lot of information included in this mailing, so we’ll get right to it. Enclosed you will find:
- A general schedule for orientation
- Orientation Co-Chair biographies that we wrote about each other
- A letter from our academic committee co-chairs discussing what to expect and how to prepare for summer quarter, along with advice & resources for beginning the Human Body Course
- A letter from Dr. James Woodruff, Associate Dean of Students, an important resource for you during your transition to life in Chicago and throughout your medical school career
- A letter from Dr. Wei Wei Lee about Wellness at Pritzker
- A letter from Dr. Monica Vela and Dr. Valerie Press, the course directors for Health Care Disparities in America: Equity and Advocacy, welcoming you to the course
- A letter from Dr. Vineet Arora, Assistant Dean for Scholarship and Discovery discussing the longitudinal Scholarship and Discovery Program that begins during your first year at Pritzker
- A letter from Dr. Callum Ross, the course director for Human Body, welcoming you to the course
- Order form for Pritzker apparel from REMEDY, an international health student group
Important Dates and Deadlines:
July 1st - Immunizations Deadline
July 15th - Complete Faces of Pritzker Survey
August 1st - Transcripts Submission Deadline
As you await your third and final orientation mailing in mid-July, please continue to check the Orientation Website (pritzker.uchicago.edu/page/incoming-students-orientation) and, most important, relax and enjoy whatever you are up to this summer. In less than two months (and even sooner for our beloved MSTPers), you will be an official Pritzkerite and we are all looking forward to having you here.
As always, please contact us at email@example.com with any questions, comments or concerns
Your 2017 Orientation Co-Chairs,
Maria, Kathryn & Aaron