To help guide and prepare students through the process of deciding on a career specialty and applying for residency, the staff at the Pritzker School of Medicine provides students with a comprehensive career development program highlighted below.
Assigned Career Advisors
Each fourth-year medical students are assigned to a career advisor who provides one-on-one career mentoring. Pritzker Students are assigned a career advisor based on their participation in the Pritzker Societies.
Coggeshall Society: Mindy Schwartz, MD, and Brian Callender, MD'04
Contact Dr. Schwartz directly to make an appointment.
Contact Dr. Callender directly to make an appointment.
DeLee Society: Chelsea Dorsey, MD'10, and Tipu Puri, MD, PhD
Contact Dr. Dorsey directly to make an appointment.
Contact Dr. Puri directly to make an appointment.
Huggins Society: Ross Milner, MD, and Arlene Roman, MD
Contact Dr. Milner and his assistant, Christine Rivas, to make an appointment.
Contact Dr. Roman directly to make an appointment.
Rowley Society: Wei Wei Lee, MD, MPH and Jason Poston, MD'02
Contact Dr. Lee directly to make an appointment.
Office Hours for Dr. Poston should be scheduled through Chalk.
The MSPE Director, H. Barrett Fromme, MD, MHPE, is responsible for meeting with all fourth-year students, overseeing the construction of each student’s Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE), and reviewing the MSPE with each student.
Residency Advising Meetings
Career meetings are held throughout the fourth year to answer questions about ERAS and issues of residency. Please check the Pritzker Calendar of Events for the most up to date dates, times and location.
- June 6, 2016 - MS4 Career Advising Class Meeting #1: Residency Application Overview
- June 7 and June 13, 2016 - Optimizing Your LORs and Personal Statement (Optional Workshop), J-103
- July 11, 2016 - MS4 Career Advising Class Meeting #2: ERAS Overview
- August 15, 2016 - ERAS Q&A One Month Out (Optional Online Chat)
- September 27, 2016 - MS4 Career Advising Class Meeting #3: Interviewing for Residency
- January 24, 2017 - MS4 Career Advising Class Meeting #4: Preparing Your Rank List