Fred and Susan Matthies Service Learning Grants
University of Chicago Medical Center Service Learning Grants are intended to encourage student participation in service-learning activities that enhance the health of Chicago's South Side by creating a bi-directional exchange of understanding and work for sustainable change. To qualify for a mini-grant:
- The applicant must be a recognized student organization at the University of Chicago or have been a Summer Service Partnership participant (high school, college or medical student).
- The applicant must identify a community partner - i.e. community based organization, faith-based organization, school, governmental organization, etc.
- Community members must be engaged in the project's implementation
- The project must take place in one of the Chicago South Side community areas.
- The project must include preparation, service, reflection and action.
Please send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.