Financial Aid for Continuing Students
Returning students must reapply for financial aid each year. FAFSA opens in October of each year, and the Pritzker Application becomes available in April. Award letters are generally emailed to continuing students in May through July.
- Pritzker Financial Aid application.
- Complete a FAFSA or Renewal FAFSA. You may file your FAFSA as early as October 1. You will use your prior prior year's tax return data to complete the early FAFSA process. File early enough to allow for a 2-3 week processing time. The Pritzker School of Medicine FAFSA code is 001774. As a strong recommendation, please use the suggested IRS Data Retrieval mentioned in the FAFSA instructions. The IRS Data Retrieval tool allows the import of tax information directly from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) into the FAFSA.
- Applicants interested in receiving Federal Title IV Funds must also complete or turn in the following forms to the financial aid office:
- If requested, you may need to submit Student's Federal Tax Transcript or Return and W-2 statements. Using the IRS Data Retrieval process will lessen the possibility of the Financial Aid Office needing your tax documents. Please do not submit them unless we ask.
- Master Promissory Note. All federal loans will be disbursed by the Department of Education. All students seeking Unsubsidized or Grad Plus loans must complete a Master Promissory Note with the Department of Education. Select University of Chicago as your school before submitting.
- Alien Registration Card. Permanent residents of the United States must submit a copy of both sides of their alien registration card ("green card"). This needs to be done only once during the student's enrollment.
International students wishing to be considered for Pritzker School of Medicine loans should contact the Office of Financial Aid directly.
Returning students should confirm their financial aid award through the My UChicago, select the "My Financial Aid" link from the menu on the right. Click on the tab which says "Accept Your Award". This tab will contain your financial aid package. Review each fund you have been awarded and mark as accept or decline. If you wish to decrease a particular loan fund you may do so before you accept. Be certain to click submit once you have finished.
All requirements related to your Pritzker Med Loan can be completed on the ECSI website. Upon accessing the website, enter "W87" for the school client code. All borrowers will receive an instructional email from ECSI that will include a PIN. You will need this PIN to authenticate your identity to complete your institutional loan requirements.
|FAFSA opens for next academic year
|Returning student Pritzker Application available
|Returning student Pritzker Application deadline and FAFSA deadline (if filing)
Please note the following disbursement dates indicate the release of financial aid funds to your student account, not your bank account. Additionally, you must ensure that you have completed all financial aid requirements promptly. To review outstanding financial aid requirements, you may log into My.UChicago and review "To Do List" and "My Tasks."
2023-2024 Disbursement Schedule (on or after)
A student who wishes to appeal a financial aid decision should submit a letter to the Office of Financial Aid detailing the reasons for the appeal along with supporting documentation. All appeals are considered by Financial Aid Advisory Committee appointed annually by the Dean for Medical Education.