Before the end of the program each student is required to submit a scientific paper discussing their research, outlining their procedures and findings, and evaluating the program.
Scientific reporting is an essential part of any research activity and this preliminary report will be followed up, in many instances, by publication of the project in a peer-reviewed journal. Please work with your research mentor to develop a thoughtful, accurate report that addresses each of the items listed below:
Key reminders for the final paper....
- The first page of your paper must be a title page. Please be sure that (a) your name, (b) your mentor’s name and (c) your title appear on this page.
- Your paper should be a maximum of 3,000 words for Manuscript TEXT (References and Figures are NOT included in the 3000 maximum word count) UNLESS you specify (on your title page) a journal format that you are using that has a different maximum word count.
- Your paper should be written in the third person and in past tense.
- Your paper should be double-spaced (after the title page)
- You must upload some version of your paper by noon (even if it is not final) because your papers are being downloaded and sent to the reviewers in the afternoon.
- Make sure track changes are not included.
- Upload your paper as a PDF file.
To submit materials to the SRP website, please click the link below: