Greetings from Hyde Park!
We hope this mailing finds you well, safe, and rested! We have all been taking advantage of the change of pace as we’ve settled into our summer schedules. We are a few short weeks away from the official start of Orientation 2022! Orientation will be packed; however, with that in mind, we encourage you to take some time towards the end of this month to take care of any last minute errands (internet connections, housing, banking, health insurance, financial aid, etc.) and to lounge around as much as possible. During Orientation, you will have the chance to get to know your classmates and other current Pritzker students!
You should have received information about creating your UChicago CNET ID (cnet.uchicago.edu/claimacct). As a reminder, this ID will serve as your University of Chicago email address and will also be the username that you will use to log into UChicago websites including my.uchicago.edu (billing and administrative information) as well as the on-campus Wi-Fi network and more. Once you set up your CNET ID, you will have access to these websites and will also be able to go about setting up your University of Chicago email address.
Additionally, you should now be able to make an appointment to get your UChicago Student ID! After getting this, you will be able to make any appointments at Student Health and will be able to access all of the UChicago student shuttles. Linked is the website to which you will upload a photo for verification and will make an appointment to pick up your ID at Regenstein Library (https://rooms.lib.uchicago.edu/reserve/carding). Adaora and I will also lead a couple of groups to go do this closer to the end of July when the majority of your class is here.
Last but not least, in this third and final mailing is the following:
● Bios from our 2022-2023 Pritzker Chiefs
● A letter from Dr. James Woodruff, Dean of Students, introducing you to the medical school’s Guiding Principles of Professionalism
● A letter from Dr. Callum Ross, Director of the Human Body course
● A letter from Dr. Milda Saunders, Interim Associate Dean of HEDI and Adriana Black, Director of HEDI (Health Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion)
● A letter from the second-year Academic Co-Chairs about success in Anatomy and general tips
● A letter from the Free Clinics Committee
● A letter from i2i, Pritzker’s Identity and Inclusion Steering Committee
● A letter introducing the library resources available at the University of Chicago
● A description of the medical equipment package that you will need during your time at Pritzker, and an example order/upgrade/opt-out form
● Information on student disability insurance
● A page on setting up Two-Factor Authentication, a University security system
● Name Pronunciation Recording Instructions
● Fun Events Flier
This is the final Orientation mailing! We would like to wish you one final congratulations and hope that the final few weeks of your summer are truly wonderful. Feel free to reach out should you have any questions, comments, or concerns. Looking forward to seeing you in Hyde Park soon! Enjoy the rest of your summers. Medical School is truly a journey, and we are the luckiest Co-Chairs in the world to help usher you all into medicine!
See you soon!
Your 2022 Orientation Co-Chairs,
Audrey Litvak, MS25 | Audrey.Litvak@uchospitals.edu
Adaora Ekwonu, MS25 | Adaora.Ekwonu@uchospitals.edu