Dear Entering Class of 2022,
We are so excited that you’ve all chosen to spend your next four (or more) years here at Pritzker on the South Side of Chicago! As your Orientation Co-Chairs, we are here to make sure you are prepared for the exciting events we have planned this year for Orientation. This year, Orientation begins the morning of Thursday, August 4, 2022, and concludes on Monday, August 8, 2022, with classes starting the following day.
This is the ﬁrst of three mailings designed to smooth your transition into medical school. These mailings will include information on things like housing, classes, life at Pritzker, immunizations, hospital credentials, and White Coat Ceremony! We encourage you to take the time to go through each mailing as there will be some tasks required of you all. While the mailings will have a few action items, they should not be stressful. Please reach out to us if you have any concerns or need clarity on any tasks at our shared email:
● A letter regarding your White Coat Ceremony and white coat sizing chart (includes survey due June 3)
● Immunization form and accompanying letter from UChicago Student Wellness with instructions (form to be uploaded by July 1)
● A letter from Student Disability Services
● A housing ﬂyer with helpful online resources (includes links to the MS26 roommate ﬁnder and 2022 Pritzker Housing Pass-Downs Google Sheets)
● Information about our four Pritzker societies and a greeting from our MS25 Society Leaders—all of whom would love to answer your questions about medical school, housing, and much more!
● A fun compilation of some great book recommendations by the Pritzker Book Club - for your enjoyment and not required!
● A guide to this summer’s upcoming events in Chicago!
● A list of hotel accommodations for family and friends for orientation weekend
Important due dates to keep in mind:
- June 3 - Submit white coat size via https://tinyurl.com/psomwhitecoat2022
- July 1 - Submit immunization form to my.WellnessPortal using CNetID/Password
We look forward to seeing you at Orientation on August 4th! Our class is SUPER excited to meet all of you and welcome you into our community. And please (please) feel free to reach out to us at any time if you have any questions or concerns. If
you’re in the city during the summer, let us know - we’d love to meet up!
Your 2022 Orientation Co-Chairs,
Audrey Litvak, MS25 | Audrey.Litvak@uchospitals.edu
Adaora Ekwonu, MS25 | Adaora.Ekwonu@uchospitals.edu