Recognizing students’ need for a clear point of contact for guidance throughout the first two years of medical school, the Pritzker School of Medicine appointed Dr. Chelsea Dorsey as the Director of Preclinical Advising to serve as a resource for MS1 and MS2 students. In this role, Dr. Dorsey takes a holistic approach to each preclinical student’s development, being mindful of progress related to scholarly pursuits, leadership capabilities, professionalism, cultural sensitivity, and community outreach.
The Preclinical Advising Program includes:
- Resources to help students connect with faculty members so that they can engage in meaningful shadowing experiences
- One on one meetings during the MS1 and MS2 year with Dr. Dorsey
- Multiple Career Advising at Pritzker (CAP) Sessions throughout the year and access to previously recorded events.
- Access to information regarding learning opportunities available at the University level.
- Weekly office hours with Dr. Dorsey for preclinical students (Wednesdays 11:00AM-1:00PM). Please contact Tenisia Davis to schedule appointments.
AUTUMN 2021 QUARTER
CAREER ADVISING AT PRITZKER SESSIONS
|Day||Date||Time||CAP Seminar Topic||Faculty Member|
|Wednesday||10/27/2021||12:00pm||CAP Overview - What is CAP?||Chelsea Dorsey|
|Wednesday||11/3/21||12:00pm||Shadowing & Professionalism||Chelsea Dorsey|
|Thursday||11/4/21||6:00pm||Introduction to Surgery Researsch||Surgery Panel|
|Wednesday||11/10/21||12:00pm||History of the South Side and Medical Center Finance Part 1||Jim Woodruff|
|Wednesday||12/1/21||12:00pm||History of the South Side and Medical Center Finance Part 2||Jim Woodruff|
|Wednesday||12/8/21||12:00pm||Pritzker Awards for Consideration||Faculty Panel|