DIRECTOR'S WELCOMEThe Medical Scientist Training Program is committed to training the next generation of scholars and leaders in the biomedical sciences by providing students with access to the very best resources of the University of Chicago. Chicago’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach encourages students to explore their medical and research interests in the broadest possible terms in medicine, biology, the physical sciences, and the social sciences.
Marcus Clark, MD; Director, MSTP Program
The Pritzker School of Medicine at the University of Chicago has a long-standing tradition of training academic physicians and physician scientists. We were among the earliest schools to obtain federal funding in 1967 for the Medical Scientist Training Program (MSTP) and are currently one of the longest running programs in the country.
News & Announcements
- MSTP alumnus Christopher Walsh, PhD'83, MD'85, was elected to the National Academy of Sciences! Dr. Walsh is one of 84 new members and 21 foreign associates recognized for their distinguished and continuing achievements in original research. He was one of the featured speakers at our 50th Anniversary Research Symposium in 2017.
Congratulations to the following MSTP students, who were awarded NIH NRSA F30 Fellowships this year!
- Philip Hsu (NIAID)
- Michael Clark (NIMH)
- Justin Chew (NIGMS)
- Sylvia Ranjeva (NIAID)
- Ben Casterline (NIAID)
- Sofija Canavan (NIMH)
- Victoria Lee (NCI)
- Mat Schnorenberg (NCI)
- Dan Camacho (NHLBI)
- Rajiv Nadadur (NHLBI)
- Ramya Parameswaran (NIAID)
- Alex Guzzetta (NHLBI)
- MSTP M4's Erin Mowers, PhD'16 and Jeremy Treger, PhD'15 have been elected to the University of Chicago Chapter of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society!
- Congratulations to all of our MSTP M4's on their Residency matches!
- Anupam (Bapu) Jena PhD'06, MD'09 is featured on the latest of Freakonomics Radio, titled "Bad Medicine, Part 1: The Story of 98.6"! Listen HERE.
The University Community Service Center has recognized the MSTP's Phillip Hsu, along with medical student Victoria Wang, with the President's Volunteer Service Award for their efforts in founding the Bridgeport Free Clinic.
Visit us on Facebook!