Faculty Advancing in Medical Education (FAME) is a faculty development program sponsored by the Academy of Distinguished Medical Educators and the MERITS Program (Medical Education Research, Innovation, Teaching, and Scholarship). FAME supports faculty educators by providing resources and training in key conceptual and practical skills in teaching and assessment. Launched in 2011, FAME offers faculty development sessions each academic year.
- Enhance faculty members’ knowledge of theory-based education and its practical application.
- Enhance faculty skills in teaching and assessment.
- Improve medical student and resident education.
By the end of the workshops, the faculty will be able to:
- Establish a framework for practically applying workshop topics to their teaching venues.
- Improve specific faculty teaching and/or evaluation skills.
Small Group Learning
May 10th at 3 pm (BSLC Suite 104 Conference Room)
Speakers: Dr. Robin Paige, PhD, MS & Dr. Anna Volerman, MD
Coaching in the Moment: A Goal Oriented Approach to Helping Your Students Reach Their Full Potential
May 19th at 12 pm (GCIS W301/303)
Speakers: Dr. Nicola Orlov, MD, MPH & Dr. Tia Kostas, MD
- January 20th & 26th, 2023: Incorporating Small Group Learning
- February 13th, 2023: Evolving Your Lectures: Small Changes for Big Rewards
- March 9th, 2023: Instructional Design: Alignment Presentation with Stacey Zurek, PhD
- March 20th, 2023: Role of Coaching in Developing the Master Adaptive Learner
- April 17th, 2023: Small Learning, Big Impact: Revolutionizing Classroom Learning
- May 9th, 2023: Coaching in the Moment: A goal-oriented approach to helping your students reach their full potential
- Direct Observation of Learners
- Bringing Allyship to Medical Education and Teaching
- Zoom Teaching Techniques
- Going Beyond Zoom - Platforms, Places, and PowerPoint to Enhance Distance Learning
- Zooming Across Platforms - Using Zoom on Mac, Windows, and iOS
- Shoes First, Then Pants: Writing Effective Goals and Objectives
- Teaching During Telehealth Encounters
- Preparing for Virtual Residency Interviews
- Best Practices for Virtual Interviews
- Advancing Your Mission with Social Media: From Programs to Passions
- Making Feedback a Habit
- Minimizing Bias in Narrative Evaluations