Faculty Advancing in Medical Education (FAME) is a faculty development program sponsored by the Academy of Distinguished Medical Educators and the MERITS Program (Medical Education Research, Innovation, Teaching, and Scholarship). FAME supports faculty educators by providing resources and training in key conceptual and practical skills in teaching and assessment. Launched in 2011, FAME offers faculty development sessions each academic year.
- Enhance faculty members’ knowledge of theory-based education and its practical application.
- Enhance faculty skills in teaching and assessment.
- Improve medical student and resident education.
By the end of the workshops, the faculty will be able to:
- Establish a framework for practically applying workshop topics to their teaching venues.
- Improve specific faculty teaching and/or evaluation skills.
October 9, 2020, 12-1PM (NorthShore FAME Series)
Rounds & Social Distancing
Presented by H. Barrett Fromme, MD, MHPE; Shannon Martin, MD, MS; & Carrie Smith, MD
October 23, 2020, 12-1PM
Effective Lectures & PowerPoint Presentations
Presented by James Ahn, MD, MHPE & Jason Poston, MD
November 13, 2020, 12-1PM (NorthShore FAME Series)
Best Practices for Virtual Interviewing and Recruitment
Presented by Keme Carter, MD; H. Barrett Fromme, MD, MHPE; & Emily Sharp-Kellar, JD
December 11, 2020, 12-1PM (NorthShore FAME Series)
Zoom Zoom...Revving Up Your Virtual Teaching
Presented by Brian Callender, MD & Amber Pincavage, MD
- Item Writing for Educators
- Making a Smooth Transition—Teaching Patient-Centered Transfers of Care
- Number Needed to Tweet: Integrating Social Media into Medical Education Part 1
- How to Be a Supermodel: Using Role Modeling to Become an Exemplary Educator
- Teaching on the Fly
- Teaching in Rounds Geared Towards Millennial Learners
- Giving Feedback
- Effective Lecturing
- Small Group Facilitation
- Objective Structured Teaching Encounters
- Direct Observation
- Challenges in Clinical Assessment
- Assessment of Learners: Linking Assessment to Goals and Objectives
- I recommend...without reservation? Authoring letters for all kind of learners
- Zoom Teaching Techniques
- Going Beyond Zoom - Platforms, Places, and PowerPoint to Enhance Distance Learning
- Zooming Across Platforms - Using Zoom on Mac, Windows, and iOS
- Shoes First, Then Pants: Writing Effective Goals and Objectives
- Teaching During Telehealth Encounters
- Preparing for Virtual Residency Interviews
- Best Practices for Virtual Interviews
- Advancing Your Mission with Social Media: From Programs to Passions