For students who live in Woodlawn or near the Hyde Park campus who would typically be able to use University offered/funded/subsidized transportation at other times of day, we are now offering an additional subsidized option.
The program is designed to subsidize Uber or Lyft expenses for students in the Hyde Park/Kenwood neighborhoods who choose to use these ride hailing services to travel to the University of Chicago Medical Center (UCMC) prior to 7:00am.
- At this time, the program is only available to MS3 students who are required to be at UCMC before 7:00am as part of their required Surgery, Ob/Gyn, Pediatric & Internal Medicine rotations at UCMC.
- Students will be reimbursed 50% of the cost of using a ride-hailing app(Uber or Lyft) to go from home to UCMC before 7:00am.
- The program is valid for transportation in Kenwood and Hyde Park. (You will not be reimbursed for Uber/Lyft from South Loop or other parts of the city).
- In order to be reimbursed, you must submit a single PDF of all Uber/Lyft receipts to email@example.com at the end of your clerkship.
- You will be contacted when your check is available to be picked up in BSLC 104.
Please send the following within 30 days of the end of your required Surgery, Ob/Gyn, Pediatric, or Internal Medicine clerkship rotations at UCMC.
1. Send an email to the Clerkship Travel Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Subject Line: “Morning Transportation”
3. Include *all* of the following:
- Zip Code
- Rotation Dates
- List of dates with pick up time and location:
(ex:) November 1, 2018 5:50am 5201 S. Dorchester
November 2, 2018 5:28am 5201 S. Dorchester
November 6, 2018 5:35am 5201 S. Dorchester
4. Attach ONE PDF which includes all original receipts in date order (We will not reimburse credit card statements).
5. We will contact you when your check is available to be picked up in BSLC 104