If you drive your car to an off-site clinic for one of the required third-year clerkships, you are eligible for "Private Car Mileage" reimbursement.
Additionally, we will reimburse for tolls and CTA/Metra, but we do not reimburse for parking or cabs. (Uber/Lyft reimbursement is available on a restricted bases.)
We have developed the process below in order confirm dates with your clerkship coordinator/site and provide appropriate "back up" documentation for the University's Procurement and Payment office.
CLERKSHIP TRAVEL REIMBURSEMENT
Please send the following within 30 days of the end of your clerkship.
1. Send an email to the Clerkship Travel Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Subject Line: "Clerkship Travel Reimbursement"
3. Include *all* of the following:
- Student ID #
- Zip Code
- Clerkship Rotation (ex: Pediatrics)
- Location(s) of Clerkship (ex: Streeterville Pediatrics, 233 E. Erie St., Chicago, IL 60611)
- Dates of Clerkship (ex: 02/14/19 - 03/14/19)
- List of dates that you drove with corresponding miles: (ex: "March 10, 2019: 12 miles - roundtrip; March 11, 2019: 6 miles - one way; March 12, 2019 12 miles - round trip")
- If you traveled to multiple destinations, please indicate mileage for each location
- Include a Google Maps link showing general destinations and mileage:
For Example: from BSLC (924 East 57th Street, Chicago, IL 60637); to NorthShore (2650 Ridge Ave., Evanston, IL 60201); & back to Home (maps.google.com/maps...)
We will contact you when your check is available for pick-up in BSLC Suite 104.