COVID-19 Admissions Information
Below are the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine’s current guidelines for the upcoming application cycle given the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. We will continue to update this message throughout the application season as the situation develops; we encourage you to check back regularly for updates.
Please know that our Admissions Committee understands the challenges that this pandemic has caused for many applicants, their education, and their families. We will continue to be flexible, holistic, and understanding as we review your candidacy.
- Pass/Fail Grades: We will accept pass/fail grades for courses taken during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are aware that some undergraduate institutions are allowing students to take courses either for grades or on a pass/fail basis. Our applicants should not feel pressured to choose the graded option. Grades of “pass” will satisfy our entrance requirement competencies.
- Online/Distance Learning Courses: We will continue to accept online and virtual courses and labs taken during the pandemic.
- MCAT: Currently, the AAMC is offering MCAT test dates for 2020 through the end of September. We will accept all 2020 MCAT test dates through the end of September for 2021 admission.
- Dates and Deadlines: Like all AMCAS-participating medical schools, we will now receive primary applications from AMCAS beginning on July 10 (a two-week delay). Our AMCAS deadline of November 16 and our secondary deadline of December 1 remain unchanged.
- Early Decision: We will not be offering the Early Decision application option for Fall 2021 entry.
- Interviews: All interviews for the 2021 application cycle will be virtual. Our interview season will not begin until September 2020 (a delay from our usual interview season opening in mid-August).